An idyllic oasis in the rugged Otavi mountains: rustic farm walls, tall palm trees, thick bush and a lush lawn surround the lovingly restored historic buildings of the Ghaub Lodge.
The 120 km² area of Ghaub houses a game-rich nature reserve with extraordinary rock engravings, a limestone cave as well as a farm with cattle and maize fields.
The Ghaub Experience:
- Rhino drive (rhino, eland, blesbok etc; rock engravings)
- Rhino tracking (encounter rhinos on eye level)
- Cave excursion (third largest cave in Namibia)
- Farm tour (cultivation, livestock farming)
- Nature trails (pleasant mountain landscape, more than 250 bird species)